Reporting to the Manager of Video Operations, the Video Technician produces, directs, records, dubs and transmits all video products requested by our customers or by any of our product lines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce daily weather content in a traditional control room setting including chroma-key. Occasional out of studio or field shooting.
- Coordinate with professional television broadcasters and on-screen meteorologists every day to make sure the video content is of the very best quality.
- Ensure all videos and products reach their destinations timely and correctly.
- Coordinate, book, produce and direct LIVE segments via fiber uplink.
- Assemble broadcast-quality packages quickly and efficiently when needed.
- Maintain all data transmissions, video and audio equipment, dub tapes and archive digital media.
- Adjust graphics for videos using AccuWeather’s Galileo and CLHD graphic systems.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to the clients or any internal requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with 1-3 years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field is required.
- Very knowledgeable of Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems is required.
- Intermediate skill level of Final Cut Pro is required.
- Must have a basic understanding of professional high-definition cameras, switchers, audio boards, wireless microphones, vector scopes, waveform monitors and other critical newsroom essentials. Familiarity with router-based systems is a plus.
- Must have a high-level thinking outside-the-box attitude, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a stressful time-restrictive newsroom environment.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Must have a high level of problem solving, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays…overnights if needed to fill in.
- Comfortable with the very basic concepts, units and terminology used in the fields of signals (satellite transmissions), optics and acoustics (i.e. Megahertz, polarization, decibels, pixels, etc.).
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and other graphic production software is a preferred.
- Ability to write, produce, shoot and edit segments independently is preferred.
AcccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer