As a Product Designer, you will design successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster.
About Product Design at CircleCI
Product designers at CircleCI have a strong problem solving process and a demonstrated ability to explain that process. They are curious, ask questions, dig deep into problems and are excited to learn new things.
Our product designers are strong visual thinkers understanding the key elements of visual design including visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color etc and also have ability to communicate structure, relationships and flow through visual assets.
Our product designers understand the value of research and seek every opportunity to engage with customers and utilize design to solve real user problems.
Our product designers are empathetic and collaborative and are able to work well with people from different backgrounds. They advocate for design decisions through data, research, and strong critical thinking, but also engage in participatory discussions, take feedback, and use that feedback to produce the best possible designs for our customers.
Designing for Core Products
A successful designer on our core products will have previous experience in developer tools or an interest in the technical space and the curiosity to dig deep and learn more.
Someone coming into this role should have experience using data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions.
Core product designers understand the key jobs to be done for core user journeys and work collaboratively with their functional team and across teams to ensure a complete experience.
This is a key role with the opportunity to contribute holistically to improving the experience of our customers.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tools work a huge plus.)
- A system thinker who has the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally.
- Ability to think through complex user problems, propose solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Look for opportunities to solve problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy working with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Experience doing user research and data analysis
- A portfolio of work that shows complex and creative UX solutions to technical problems and a solid grasp of information architecture.
- Basic Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS with an ability to understand the technical complexities of proposed solutions
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.