Mid-weight Visual Designer
Our mission is to empower consumers to make more confident home services, insurance and financial decisions. With our unique set of brands we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a startup and the strength of well established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch.com is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Confused.com is the longest-running insurance comparison platform in the UK, pioneering the way consumers make choices about financial services.
- Money.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Rastreator.com and LeLynx.fr are leading online comparison platforms in Spain and France respectively, helping consumers compare a range of financial services and home services products.
We have the power to reach millions of consumers around the world, solving everyday complex problems through outstanding experiences.
Design at RVU
Our mission is to be inclusive; to drive the development of ourselves and those around us; to be empowered to try bold things (and sometimes fail!); and, above all else, to be user-centric in everything that we do.
We are one team with one dream: to be the home of amazing experiences that solve the problems of tomorrow, inspiring everyone around us to create better products.
We have just finished creating and defining our new Uswitch brand and are at the start of our journey. Now, the new brand empowers us to design and build compelling experiences for our customers.
What's the opportunity?
As a Mid-weight Visual Designer, your role is to contribute to our visual design aesthetic, working in close collaboration with with cross functional teams (User Researchers, Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers), and the wider design and brand teams to craft high quality designs that make our products and services more appealing to customers.
What will I be doing?
You’ll work closely with our designers and product designers to:
- Execute high quality and contemporary visual design across our digital products, showing an understanding of our brands visual design and experience principles to create compelling customer experiences.
- Create mood boards, mockups, prototypes and high fidelity final design in line with user testing and stakeholder feedback.
- Collaborate with the Engineers to execute and deploy your designs to a very high standard.
- Contribute to our evolving design system.
- Partner with Product designers in order to design high quality products and services.
- Contribute to design tools that empower teams across RVU with best in class templates, guides and documentation.
What skills do I need?
- Strong visual design skills with an understanding of the fundamentals of your craft and how to utilise them effectively.
- You care about the quality of your work and have amazing attention to detail
- Excellent at communicating your thinking behind your work
- Experience of designing across all digital touch points and devices (mobile, tablet and desktop).
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently.
- Continually driving new ideas and new styles across the product
- Passionate about contributing to a growing design community internally and externally.
We are looking for an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your thinking behind the ‘final’ visuals. What did you do and why did you do it? It must also demonstrate that you have worked on digital products across multi touch points and platforms.
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working - we've learnt to adapt our work style throughout 2020 and will be adopting a hybrid approach of in-office and remote working, once it is safe to do so, where each employee will combine a mixture of the two each week.
- ‘Work from Home’ budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Regular virtual events - from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual ‘coffee chats’ with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.
- Health insurance