Visual Effects Artist
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Visual Effects Artist to join one of our AAA development teams. As a Visual Effects Artist, you will create high quality assets that enhance the player’s experience and bring life and spectacle into the game world. The ideal candidate must have an excellent grasp of particle systems, material creation, modeling and texturing skills, as well as a strong working knowledge of tools and skills listed below. We’re looking for a self-motivated, organized, team-player with a passion for making games!
- You will be expected to create the highest quality visual effects, both in appearance and performance, while adhering to the project’s artistic vision.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, design, animation and art teams to create beautiful and believable effects that offer creative solutions to design challenges, add life to the game world, and create wow moments for the player.
- Implement your FX into gameplay animations and visualization systems.
- Help establish pipelines for efficient creation and implementation of all visual effects.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development as a visual effects artist.
- At least 1 shipped product as a visual effects artist.
- Deep knowledge of the VFX tools of the Unreal 4 Engine
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting.
- Ability to create technical setup needed for the visual effects
- Experience authoring and editing script based systems.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with Houdini is a plus
- Programming skill a plus.
- Must have current US work authorization.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Firaxis.com accounts.