We are undergoing an IT transformation, building a new hybrid IT infrastructure making this an exciting time to join the company and to make your mark within our growing business.
The environment is based primarily on Microsoft technologies, with a centralised Avaya Call Manager and geographically dispersed Session Border Controllers, delivering local break out using a mixture of E1 and SIP trunks. The management and distribution of calls to our global business is managed using a contact centre solution. A number of our offices do not have local breakout for external call traffic and utilise inter-office VPNs to manage the flow of voice data. We also have a number of virtual numbers in regions where we do not have physical presence.
This role will focus on the management of the telephony estate and be the primary technical role responsible for the management of our current contact centre solution and also the migration and ongoing operational management of a new omni-channel contact centre solution managing voice, email, SMS and Web Chat channels from an IT perspective.
Voice Engineer key responsibilities:
- Support the migration to a new omni-channel contact centre solution as part of the wider project
- Manage the onboarding and off-boarding of clients, specifically focussing on the omni-channel management
- Provide business as usual support the voice and contact centre solutions
- Capacity and performance planning the telephony platform
- Management and testing of disaster recovery and contingency plans with regards telephony services
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Mentor / cross train team members on telephony platform and configuration
- Work with global vendors in the delivery of telephony services
- Support the Operational teams with reporting and day to day management of the contact centre solution
- Support escalations from Global Service Desk for investigation and resolution of technical issues
- Help to ensure the delivery of infrastructure solutions in line with PCI-DSS compliance requirements, including documentation
- Be part of the global on call rota to provide support to the team outside of core hours.
Voice Engineer requirements:
- Graduate-level qualified in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong experience of Avaya telephony systems
- Understanding of VOIP telephony
- Strong understanding of SIP and ISDN technologies
- Strong understanding of network and VPN solutions
- A solid IT infrastructure background with prior (and current) experience supporting IT operations
- Experience of highly available and fault tolerant systems
- Good communications skills, comfortable with communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A competitive salary
- A 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years’ of service
- An outstanding perks program too: we work with the very best brands in the world and our employee perks are taken directly from the types of things we do for clients including exclusive discounts, treats, access to gigs, invites to dinners, social events, industry employee rates at hotels / for flights, freebies, money-can’t-buy experiences, etc…
The environment is modern, friendly and vibrant and everybody who joins Ten has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be the best in the business. To find out more about working at Ten, hear from some of our people and have a sneak peek at our offices, please watch this short video here.