RepairSmith is on a mission to deliver convenient auto repair everywhere. The company's at-home service offers car owners complete, convenient repair and maintenance service, upfront prices before booking, and five-star quality service all at an affordable price. RepairSmith delivers repair and scheduled maintenance on-location for fleet owners to maximize vehicle utilization and consolidate costs.
Founded in 2018, RepairSmith is based in Los Angeles and offers service across 550+ cities. All RepairSmith mechanics are employees of the company and are equipped with quality tools and parts to deliver a five-star service experience. The company is backed by Daimler AG.
RepairSmith has been recognized by Built In LA as one of the 'Best Places to Work,' and awarded the 'Business Transformation Award' by the Association for Corporate Growth in Los Angeles. RepairSmith's technicians have been named 'Essential Worker Hero of the Year' by the Consumer World Awards.
Are you passionate about automotive service and parts, the latest vehicle and service technology, and ready to make a big impact on our industry?
Our VP of After-Sales will be responsible for providing an incredible automotive repair service experience for our customers. This is a critical position within our organization with broad domain ownership. This includes overseeing the service adviser and customer success teams, technician training program, supply chain, and the fleet management of our internal fleet of repair vehicles and the oversight of repair facilities. This position requires extensive OEM level after-sales experience, in both service and parts, as well as a technical understanding of automotive repair standards, equipment and procedures as well as new vehicle technology developments.
The perfect person for the job is both a great manager and hands-on when needed. You should be comfortable with today’s service procedures, mobile and stationary service challenges, and diagnostic procedures. Our VP of Service Sales is aware of the technological changes implemented by various OEMs (connected car, electrification, fleet management) and other third part market participants and can anticipate the impact on RepairSmith service products and strategy. The candidate should be able to anticipate the impact of technology tends, and automation, think at scale and excited to move fast. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO:
- Implement, develop, and deliver the After-sales strategy for RepairSmith; develop long-term plan for service products and service operations and drive customer loyalty; build relationships with key stakeholders within the business; lead, motivate, coach, and inspire employees and direct reports.
- Oversee the build-out and equipment selection for our state-of-the-art repair vans.
- Oversee the build-out and equipment selection for our local repair hub facilities.
- In conjunction with the General Managers, establishment and monitoring of service networks across all markets, including new market launches.
- Set up a just-in-time parts distribution system focused on minimizing down-time for owners.
- Create, develop and implement the role out of a training program for mobile technicians.
- Establishment of customer-oriented KPIs for the after-sales operation nationwide.
- Management of after-sales budgets, delivering prescribed and agree bottom line performance.
- Due to the national nature of the responsibilities of the role, and the demands of a progressive new company, flexible working arrangements and an element of travel is anticipated.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with strong hands-on automotive technical knowledge.
- OEM experience and involvement with national/international service and parts activities; managed substantial budgets; experience managing multiple locations; created after-sales strategies and plans and successfully completed multiple projects.
- Strong customer centric service orientation and mindset
- Experience with both fleet and consumer service programs.
- Up-to-date knowledge with the latest trends and commercial best practices of automotive repair.
- Commercial and after-sales acumen and articulate with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience implementing after-sales strategies for new vehicle launches and recall programs a plus.
- Leadership. Solid management style. Prioritization and goal setting. Self-motivation. Influencing skills. Relationship building.
WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Unlimited vacation time
- Work from home capabilities
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental and vision insurance
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.