The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for all facets of our recruiting and business development functions. This position has a direct reporting relationship to the President of Concourse Financial Group Securities (CFGS).
The Vice President of Business Development will provide the leadership, direction, strategy implementation, and organizational oversight of Concourse’s recruiting and business development area to drive organic growth commensurate with Concourse’s status as a leading destination for independent financial professionals. This leader will work vertically and horizontally with internal and external partners to identify opportunities to grow and improve existing and new sources of revenue and financial professional productivity. The role will work closely with the Concourse executive management team and product partners to identify actionable opportunities, develop and execute plans to land those opportunities, streamline areas where improvement is needed, and champion successes to drive follow-on opportunities.
The role may require up to 50% of its time traveling to new and existing locations. This includes proactively reaching out to financial professionals in their respective branch locations in order to build relationships and drive awareness of the value proposition of CFGS. This individual should expect to visit target cities for recruits as well as attend industry events for awareness and relationship building.
• Understand target financial professional and drive marketing toward that model
· Identify, qualify, and close agreements with successful financial professionals
• Lead presentations to prospective financial professionals via phone, webinar and in-person
• Work in partnership with the relevant executives to understand the value-add resources we offer
• Provide senior management with ongoing results and metrics related to key functions
• Participate in strategic planning discussions with senior management
• Provide a point of contact for the field to respond to questions related to recruiting
• Mentor, coach, and manage team of recruiters (both internal and third party); Ensure both internal and third-party recruiters are clear on our vision and value proposition
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
• 7-10 years of securities and insurance experience preferred; experience in the independent channel preferred
· Strong and demonstrable industry network and relationships
• Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 preferred or will obtain within 6 months
• Strong written and oral communication skills, strategic thinking, public speaking expertise, client service and marketing skills
• Proven track record of recruiting financial professionals
• Proven track record of training, mentoring, and coaching teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a sales organization
• Excellent organization and time management skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
• Must be a strong team player who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
• Availability to travel and maintain consistent visibility with potential recruits as well as existing branch offices
• Ability to work independently, proactively and with a sense of urgency to devise and implement solutions to business challenges
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.