Thrive Global is the leading behavior change SaaS company helping individuals and companies drive high performance from a foundation of well-being, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We’re leading the global conversation around well-being and performance and developing products and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
We are looking for a VP / Head of Business Development who can contribute meaningfully to the hyper-growth of Thrive Global at an exciting time in its development, by building and scaling a world class and transformational growth engine within the company.
The role, which reports to the COO will manage corporate and business development opportunities with a range of different partners across Thrive’s existing business lines, areas of expansion, and for M&A and financing opportunities.
The role will be responsible for the entire life cycle of a deal; from sourcing and structuring to negotiating and implementing, as we seek to build a portfolio of meaningful business partnerships and opportunities. As this portfolio of partnerships grow, the role will be responsible for building and scaling a high performing team to support this growth.
Importantly, the role will work cross-functionally, collaborating with everyone from marketing to product and engineering to sales. The ideal candidate is therefore a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere and who has a passion for Thrive’s mission.
What You'll Do
- Build and scale a revenue-generating business within Thrive’s fast-growing ecosystem, to capture and prioritize the many partnership opportunities that abound
- Developing revenue-generating strategic partnerships to help grow Thrive Global across existing and new products and business lines
- Help prioritize leads, close deals, and plan partnership/implementation
- Accountable for planning, tracking, and documenting projects to ensure individual and team revenue targets are being met
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues including product, marketing, sales, creative and more to ensure a coordinated approach toward launching complex projects
- Research potential partnerships and provide background for pitches and partnership meetings
- Provide thought leadership in developing long term strategies and growth opportunities for Thrive Global
- Work directly with Thrive’s leadership team as you build and scale a meaningful business development organization
- 7+ years of experience in business development or related function, especially within related industries (SaaS, tech, health, etc.)Experience consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- A confident and eloquent communicator who has experience working with C-Suite contacts and leveraging access into deal making and building long term, sustainable business strategies and deals
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done.
- A skilled operator who can understand complex business challenges and turn them into impactful solutions, pipeline and deal flow
- A team player who represents Thrive Global mission and corporate values internally and externally
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines and partner expectations
- A passion for and desire to learn and speak about well-being, productivity, neuroscience, psychology, performance
What We Offer
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.