The VP Defense Innovation is in charge of making Capital Factory the Center of Gravity for Defense Innovation in the USA. The VP leads the new Defense Innovation programs at Capital Factory and helps contribute to the success of the US defense industry.
The VPDI needs to execute on the immediate needs of Army Futures Command, AFWERX, and DIU while identifying how Capital Factory can strategically add unique value to this ecosystem. They cultivate and maintain Capital Factory’s most important relationships in the Defense Industry. The VPDI has previous experience in active duty or as a civilian government employee — but is a disruptor and bureaucracy hacker who knows how to get things done in unconventional ways.
- You are a hustler.
- You have previous experience in active duty or as a civilian government employee.
- You know everyone and you’re part of every interesting social media conversation.
- You are at every Defense Innovation event in Texas and the most important ones around the country.
- You have experience with startups
- You have a passion for startups and technology
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- Bonus points if you have experience in an industry vertical- Fintech, Emerging Tech, etc.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You must be available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2 years
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health and dental insurance
- Coworking membership with Private Desk at Capital Factory with garage parking space and onsite gym