is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented VP of DevOps to lead our automation efforts across build, continuous integration, release management, continuous delivery, infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, observability and DevSecOps. This role reports to the CTO. You will be managing a team of talented DevOps engineers who are responsible for prototyping, designing, developing, and continually evaluating and evolving a highly scalable DevOps toolchain supporting our customers hosted across various data centers and public clouds. The VP of DevOps will also oversee IT Operations, including our Service Delivery function.
- Evangelize DevOps culture and practices and Agile methodologies across the entire organization.
- Collaborate closely with senior stakeholders to drive and architect CI/CD pipeline.
- Champion and drive operational excellence in infrastructure and high availability of development and test environments through automation by partnering with Engineering, Product Manager, Operations, and QA leaderships.
- Exert technical influence over cross-functional teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing deep knowledge and experience.
- Identify improvement opportunities with creative solutions by challenging the status quo.
- Be both a hands-on technical leader and people manager.
- Lead and grow the team by hiring the best talents.
- Reports to CTO
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field; Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years of Information Technology management experience with some time in a leadership and people management role.
- Solid knowledge of Service Delivery, Security, IAM, SRE, DevOps, IT, Cloud, Network & Infrastructure.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Must have startup / hyper-growth experience
- Proven ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Ability to drive multiple projects/workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and collaboratively
- Expert understanding with multiple infrastructure technologies including virtualization, cloud computing, web scale, large scale distributed infrastructures, infrastructure automation, principles of infrastructure durability, and data center technologies.
- Familiar with technologies like, AWS or GCP or Azure (Prefer AWS), OKTA, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Helmfile
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to establish and implement governance strategy
- Ability to provide thought leadership in Information Technology Lifecycle Management and maintain evolving expertise and control best practices
- Cloud: AWS, GCPKubernetes
- Devops: Linux, Kubernetes Terraform, Helm Python
- Front End: JS | React, Vue, Express, Redux
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work!
We’re one of the few players in the e-commerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.