About the Team
Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how we’ve done with the Harry's brand. The company plans to leverage its platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. We have teams located in NYC, London and Eisfeld (Germany). We are looking to find an exceptional leader for our crew and this is where you come in.
About the Role
As our VP of Finance you’ll have a lot going on. Next to managing a global team of ambitious, smart and driven people, you’ll be responsible for all financial plans including budgets, quarterly re-forecasts and our long term strategic plan. You will also manage our commercial finance function supporting our GMs and their teams by making sure we achieve our financial goals. In addition, you will manage our debt facilities and monitor compliance as well as forecast our cash needs. Together with your team, you will be charged with participating in fundraising activities, assessing M&A opportunities and preparing materials for briefing our Board of Directors. Lastly, you will play a critical role in inventor communications.
What you will accomplish:
- Together with the CFO and CAO, you serve as a key member of the finance team in developing and implementing business plans and evaluating various initiatives, including new products, brands as well as geographies and allocating capital across them.
- Work with the senior leaders to solve strategic and financial challenges with a data-driven approach.
- Manage the finance team to set priorities, assign accountability, and assess performance.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a high commitment to quality.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare the annual operating budget and drive quarterly re-forecasts.
- Lead long-term planning process across the organization and own the financial forecast.
- Partner with GMs by overseeing the Commercial Finance function and support building profitable businesses including new product innovation and strategic initiatives, as well as capital investments.
- Provide frequent financial information and KPIs that allow our leadership team to reach and stay on track with our financial goals and metrics.
- Manage financial analysis to drive decision making for our leaders across diverse initiatives.
- Assist with M&A assessment and execution.
- Maintain and drive the roadmap for our planning systems.
- Ensure we have the right funding (both debt and equity) in all geographies and businesses and are properly capitalized at all times. Lead new financings.
- Manage our investments.
- Maintain compliance with our various debt agreements globally and manage our global banking relationships.
- Own our equity capitalization table and provide accurate reporting of our equity ownership.
- Work closely with the People team on equity grants and on our annual 409A valuation.
- Oversee our global risk management and insurance programs.
- Maintain and drive the roadmap for our treasury systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company and own financial and investor communication.
- Respond to shareholder requests with relevant and accurate information.
This should describe you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited four-year college; MBA would be preferred.
- You have worked at a public company and can bring your experience to Harry’s.
Excellent Leadership Skills: You own your responsibilities. You possess the qualities that inspire confidence and trust. You have the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
Strong Business Acumen and Analytical Skills: Your financial acumen and significant analytical and budgeting skills are like no other; you are proficient in cash flow forecasting, preparing budgets and thoughtfully allocating capital.
Treasury Management: You are experienced in managing a treasury function in a corporate environment.
Comfort Level with Information Technology: You always use technology to improve access to information needed to run the business; you utilize systems to improve processes.
An Innovative, Strategic and Operational Mindset: You are interested in and involved with operational issues and how they affect the Finance function; you not only participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan but you also bring rational, objective judgment to bear on tough issues and decisions to drive execution.
Strong written and verbal communications skills - you know how to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done and to be comfortable in an environment with lean staffing.
Solid Interpersonal Skills: Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams’ success and you empathize with them during hard times. You foster a sense of belonging and empowerment by incorporating professional learning opportunities and by hosting social team events where bonding, fun and creativity are a priority.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer
- Managing the global FP&A & Treasury teams
- Substantial exposure to the executive team at Harry’s
- Working closely with cross-functional partners across the organization
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.