At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting!
As the VP, Global Controller, you will lead the Impact Accounting team, and drive strategic transformation and optimization initiatives to improve overall performance, achieve world-class governance, compliance and controls. There is a real opportunity to drive change of process, tools and how the company operates going forward!
What you will be doing:
- Directing all aspects of shared service accounting operations and fully overseeing Company transactions related to general ledger, receivables (billings & collections), payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies, controls and systems, ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and strengthening internal controls.
- Coordinating the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including overseeing the annual audit, ensuring sufficient resources are available and audit requests are met in a timely manner by the Company’s auditors, EY.
- Providing periodic reporting to the Audit Committee on annual audit results, control observations and remediation activities, and finance regulatory matters.
- Evaluating the technical competence, effectiveness and productivity of the global accounting/ finance team, striving to continually and cost-effectively improve performance in meeting the needs of the Company as it grows (e.g. process redesign, system implementation, condense close cycle).
- Oversee preparation of Audit Committee materials and assist in the preparation of materials for the Compensation and/or Board Meetings
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to revenue, costs, performance trends and compliance with budgets, highlighting issues or concerns to the CFO and other company leadership to address as necessary.
- Manage and comply with local, state, government and statutory requirements and tax filings, including indirect taxes such as sales/use, VAT, GST, etc., where applicable.
- Work closely with CFO, counsel and other areas of the business to ensure the company is IPO ready.
- Work with the External Auditors over the completeness and accuracy of the company's financial records, according to US GAAP.
- Ensure the pipeline is stocked, challenged and developing at multiple levels, for high performance and continuity / succession.
Does this sound like you?
- 12+ years of experience of progressive accounting experience including management.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Combined experience at Big 4 public accounting and corporate experience; CPA a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of operational accounting experience including building teams, improving processes and implementing controls.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with different business units to drive change.
- System implementation experience such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Blackline, Concur/Expensify, billing/revenue recognition tool a plus.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and practical application of US GAAP (including revenue recognition, leases, stock comp, contingencies, income taxes, foreign currency, financial reporting)
- Previous treasury management experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage a team virtually and in different time zones.
- Experience managing multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Compliance oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.