Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
We’re hiring a Global Head of Tax to lead our strategic planning efforts in one of the most exciting and innovative emerging technology areas - blockchain. You will play a key role in crafting the overall strategy to optimize the business and create value, while also protecting the organization and building best in class risk management processes across our global operations.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Work closely with executive leadership to deeply understand the business and build a strong and durable tax strategy.
- Ownership and responsibility for keen oversight of risk management, implementation of operational processes, and identification of opportunities for optimization - including organizational structure, cash management and treasury, and intercompany and cross border transactions.
- Oversee the accurate preparation of the Company’s income tax provision and impact of withholding taxes, as applicable. Lead the global sales and use tax program for rapidly growing global business operations.
- Build and lead a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing performance feedback, and developing team goals.
- Lead the tax review of proposed M&A transactions and provide advice to management of tax structuring and optimization post-integration.
- Manage service providers and budgets to conduct and execute various studies and analysis for purposes of optimizing the Company’s global tax positions.
- Provide ongoing income tax planning and research as applicable to the Company’s global business.
- Be one of the primary points of contact with external auditors to ensure a timely, complete, and accurate audit/review process in respect of taxes.
- Develop and maintain tax process with future compliance with all relevant regulatory obligations, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
A little about you:
- A demonstrated track record in leading a global tax function in an emerging technology industry that experienced exponential growth.
- Extensive experience across both corporate and public accounting experience, CPA or JD preferred - with 5+ years leading global tax operations in an operating role.
- Experience in scaling the tax function of an organization through hyper-growth from start-up to an established multinational with global business operations.
- Broad technical knowledge of US, Canada, and international tax law and regulations, such as Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (BEAT), Global Intangible Low-taxed Income (GILTI), Subpart F, Transition Tax, Foreign Tax Credits, among others.
- Extensive background and technical understanding of corporate tax, as well as taxation relating to International and M&A transactions in the tech space; experience in payment processing business is preferred.
- Experience in working with tax auditors at the state and federal level to help drive an efficient and timely resolution to tax audits and regulatory reviews.
- Approaches work and decision-making by empowering the people around you, effectively utilizing the team's expertise and enabling them to do their best work.
- Maintains high performance standards and has a passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively present information and technical issues to executive management and board of directors.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.