CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever. We have more than 200,000 loyal users and customers around the world. The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life.
We’re looking for a VP, Marketing to lead and execute strategies to drive business growth.
In this role, you’ll drive our marketing efforts to meet our aggressive goals while cultivating a rich pipeline. You'll be instrumental in building awareness, converting prospects into leads, and will oversee all external communications including PR, product marketing, website content, social media and events.
Lead the marketing activities that span product, demand generation, community, customer, digital, PR/AR, and content, with the goal of increasing overall visibility in the market and driving sales pipeline. Specific functional areas will include:
- Demand Generation - Responsible for the strategy, development and execution for new customer acquisition campaigns.
- Digital Marketing - Lead the development of the digital marketing strategy to support and elevate the brand. Create effective cross-channel marketing initiatives including web presence, email, webinars, video, SEO/SEM, social media, and community to generate qualified leads, deliver new business and drive engagement with and retention of existing customers.
- Product Marketing - Drive value proposition, segmentation strategy, content creation, and analyst relations program. Establish and refine unique market position of the products and solutions for target vertical markets and relevant market influencers.
- Customer Advocacy – Build and lead onboarding and retention programs that aim to drive product adoption, customer reference, community, trust, transparency, and customer satisfaction
- Public Relations (PR) - Shape an integrated PR plan to support CartoDB’s objectives to raise awareness by leveraging new digital platforms and social media, while leveraging customer reference and advocacy. Manage agency resources as needed.
- Marketing Strategy - Utilize market data, consumer research and insights and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market to support the expansion and customization of existing products as well as introducing
- Leadership - Lead the team across multiple office locations and geographies. Create a lean and mean marketing machine, empowering the existing team, while recruiting and upscaling for the future as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Marketing or Business Management are preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant product marketing experience working in technology marketing, and/or B2B marketing for a small to mid-sized organization.
- Experience at a SaaS company and/or expertise launching SaaS products is preferred.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Bright, comfortable office that’s stocked with snacks and good coffee.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage for US staff
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Option Plans
- 22 days of vacation and 12 holidays
- Most importantly, we offer the chance to help us build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in the hands of basically everyone.