Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
As Fellow’s Vice President of Marketing, you will lead the strategy for all creative, brand, and performance. This is a critical role at a time of incredible growth for the brand. This person will have the opportunity to shape the future of how Fellow continues to bring unique swaggieness throughout our omni-channel experience - wholesale, DTC, owned-retail, and marketplaces.
You will be at the helm of our marketing department, steering the brand towards unprecedented growth and recognition. We are seeking a visionary executive leader with a profound understanding of modern marketing strategies, especially in the realm of physical consumer products. Your role will involve shaping the brand's identity, driving marketing strategies, overseeing the execution of marketing plans, and leading the company's overall marketing efforts.
The VP, Marketing will accomplish all of this while living out Fellowship Thinking, our leadership principles:
Fellowship Thinking centers our customers, always.
Fellowship Thinking views all goals as shared.
Fellowship Thinking never stops improving.
Fellowship Thinking says “yes, if”.
Fellowship Thinking deliberately seeks equity.
Please note this person is required to be located in the Bay Area. This is a hybrid position with multiple in-office days each week.
- We are looking for a key executive marketing leader to support Fellow in becoming truly omnichannel; connect our brand and our campaigns seamlessly across marketing and distribution channels.
Brand Identity: Take the lead in refining, establishing, and preserving a robust brand identity that deeply resonates with our intended audience today while driving us toward where we need to be tomorrow.
- Lead the team responsible for go-to-market strategies, product campaigns, brand communications, performance marketing, PR, social media, influencer, partnerships, community-building, and events.
Marketing Strategy: Create and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy that is in perfect harmony with the company's overarching goals, brand positioning, and mission.
Team Building and Leadership: Assemble and guide a high-caliber marketing team, fostering collaboration, personal growth, and innovative thinking among team members.
Marketing Oversight: Supervise all digital marketing endeavors, encompassing SEO, content marketing, email marketing, social media, and paid advertising campaigns.
In-Depth Market Analysis: Undertake thorough market research and analysis to unearth emerging trends, assess the competitive landscape, and gain valuable customer insights, offering data-backed recommendations.
- 15+ years of brand marketing experience in a mix of both start-up and large brands within the consumer products space.
- Minimum of 2 years at the executive level with a proven track record of ideating and leading innovative omni-channel marketing campaigns, building and executing brand strategies to achieve ambitious results.
- A brand-first marketer with an understanding of how brand and performance marketing work together to drive growth.
- Deep experience building and leading marketing teams, developing talent and motivating to achieve high results while building on our Fellowship culture.
- Immersed in all things marketing best practices and the latest developments in new channels, platforms, and technologies, etc
- Meticulous planner, able to manage complexity of strategy and execution for both products and channels.
- Scrappy with high standards; champagne taste, beer budget
- Excellent, multi-faceted communicator with strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve communications objectives
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while being able to manage competing priorities while driving constant improvements to meet the needs of the brand and consumer.
- Competitive compensation including employee equity plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401k with company contribution after 6 months of employment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Better Yourself Wellness credit & Better Your Community donation matching
- Specific benefits for remote employees
- Generous discount on Fellow products
- Best coffee anywhere
Our highest goal at Fellow is creating a safe, inclusive, and rewarding environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We are committed to building diverse teams and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Fellow is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.