Mission of the role:
To lead our Customer Success organization in delivering a best-in-class customer experience to a rapidly growing portfolio of enterprise and mid-market customers generating >$50M in ARR. Through scaling & improving our implementation, technical support, customer success & other value-add services we’ll improve internal efficiencies by >50%. The VP of Customer Success will implement formal KPIs to measure the client experience & internal efficiencies and will drive improvements quarter-over-quarter through team operations and working with Product & Sales. He or she will grow the team from 15 to >20 while building out additional service offerings to drive >$3M in annual revenue by EOY1. This role reports to the CEO and is a member of the management team.
What you'll do:
Design the ideal customer experience throughout the entire lifecycle (for each segment and service level) and continuously improve the experience for existing customers, achieving an NPS of >60 by EOY2
- Map out the existing customer experience and all of their interactions/touch-points
- Get the entire company thinking about ‘customer experience’ so that all internal decisions are made with the customer in mind
- Create a 12 month strategy with the team and an operational plan including specifics around the people, process & technology required to achieve it
Drive customer usage such that >80% of ARR is in ‘high-usage’ tiers and <5% of ARR is in ‘low usage’ tiers and in doing so, achieve >90% gross retention and >125% net retention by EOY2
Define & scope full range of service/support offerings (including professional services) that support each segment of the market in driving value
Evaluate & track key success criteria across multiple types of accounts and work with Marketing & Sales to acquire more ‘high quality’ accounts
Identify and manage to customer advocacy & satisfaction indicators in addition to usage (e.g. NPS, referral/reference/case-study rates, first 90 day survey)
Optimize implementation team to consistently deliver a phenomenal first 90-day experience by setting and achieving on-time completion goals and initial adoption goals
Improve Customer Success efficiencies by >50% leading to a 1.5x of the CSM’s ARR capacity by EOY1
- Implement systems/process (within Gainsight and/or other) to drive standardized customer success best practices aligned to customer lifecycle and customer behavior integrating implementation, support & ongoing customer success for all customers
Define and build out a basic service offering to drive customer success through automated touch-points reinforcing customer success best-practices
Create a dedicated support function that efficiently solves the needs of our most complex, global customer with capacity for >2M learners by EOY1
- Constantly reviewing standard practices associated with the customer lifecycle and look to automate with systems or product
Package and price all service/support offerings to drive >$3M in service revenue by EOY1 while maintaining >50% gross margin
- Refine our guidelines for how to sell ‘services’ such that expectations are clearly set and the service drives increased expansion & retention rates
- Create SLAs for each service offering and develop standard tracking & KPIs that we report on daily/weekly/monthly
- Design and implement standardized operating model with clear roles & responsibilities for all service offerings
Expand team to >20 by EOY2 who live into our SOP while developing functional leaders across Customer Success, Support, Implementation & professional services
Become a proactive, positive, cross-functional member of our Executive team
Who you are:
- Has been consistently promoted at a top-tier company
- Has experience building B2B service & support organizations with >25 people and has owned all (or most) of the following functions: onboarding, support, professional services, customer success
- Has a strong presence and is able to inspire/unite a team behind a vision
- Is a systems thinker: excels at developing, implementing & maintaining efficient, reliable systems/technology, processes & teams
- Is deeply empathetic and has a passion for identifying the root cause of any customer issue quickly
- Has a passion for the learning & development / HR space and wants to help customers make their people better
- Embodies the Standard of Performance in their own behavior and how they interact with others
Communication: communicates directly and honestly even when under pressure
Team-first: puts the team ahead of their own needs and fosters that value in others
Drive: is relentless in their effort to win
- Is willing to live in either NYC or SF
- Great product and great customers; help us grow the business
- The 'Best Place to Work' as voted by Entrepreneur Magazine, Crain, and Internet Week, as well as Fortune 100’s #2 Greatest Places to Work in the US
- Competitive base salary and pre-IPO stock options
- Full in-office gym at our NYC office and personal training sessions with in-house Health Director
- Time off when you need it - unlimited vacation days!
- Excellent insurance benefits: We pay 100% of employee and dependents insurance premiums -- medical/dental/vision; Employer paid life insurance and short-term disability; Free membership to OneMedical for employees and dependents
- 401(k) match
- Pre-tax benefits such as commuter savings and flexible spending account
- Excellent 100% paid maternity and paternity leave
Grovo is a better way to learn at work. The platform empowers companies with the training technology and content to align, educate, and inspire their teams. From onboarding to professional development, Grovo's 60-second microlearning videos teach everything 21st century employees need, delivered in a way that learners love.
Founded in 2010, the fast-growing SaaS startup is based in midtown Manhattan with a second office in downtown San Francisco and was recently recognized as the "Best Place to Work in NY Tech" by Internet Week. Grovo has raised venture financing from Accel Partners, Greg Waldorf, Costanoa Venture Capital, SoftTech VC, Lerer Ventures and Red Swan Ventures.
Grovo has always worked to create the right atmosphere for people to be at their best and the leadership team has focused on maintaining and living into the Standard of Performance. Grovo values people who are smart, playful, disciplined, hard-working, authentic, direct, thoughtful, focused, confident and humble.
We work with diverse customers across the globe and we share their commitment to help their employees build the behaviors to perform their best. To serve our customers, we are committed and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, or veteran status.