Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s lie insights into every person—you just have to know what you’re looking for.
With backing from the market leader in DNA sequencing Illumina, Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high-quality partners. From personalized medicine to advanced cancer screenings to custom diet and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming accessible and more valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
Helix has raised over $100 million from Warburg Pincus and Sutter Hill Ventures in our first round of funding and have a strategic partnership with Illumina that brings us a significant competitive advantage.
We are building scalable operations across the company so that we can securely, rapidly and reliably deliver product to our customers. As the VP of Operations, you will be an integral part of the leadership team and drive initiatives to build and continuously improve our supply chain, customer service, and process engineering functions.
What will your role look like
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to enable operational support of a growing business
- Build processes and relationships with Lab Operations and external parties to create an integrated end‑to‑end supply chain that is effective and adaptive to new challenges such as regulatory timelines and international requirements
- Actively manage vendor relationships to ensure effective communication and collaboration, identify win-win solutions and strategies, negotiate purchasing terms, and address supplier issues with material quality or availability
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the organization by identifying and prioritizing proposed improvements, aligning stakeholders on the changes, and measuring and communicating their business impact
- Drive development and implementation of a high-quality customer service organization
What we're looking for:
A operations leader with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 10+ years experience in supply chain, process improvement, operations or manufacturing. MBA optional.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management, capacity planning and demand forecasting, and supply chain qualification
- Exceptional skills and a track record of success in communicating and collaborating with internal customers and external vendors to support product launch and production
- History of successful identification and implementation of process improvements with measurable business impact
- Ability to learn, read, and understand laboratory procedures; experience with FDA, CLIA, and/or ISO standards a plus
- Experience managing or building customer service operations a plus
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and suppliers as needed
- Experience in developing talent as well as building and motivating a team
- Hands-on leader who thrives in a startup environment
Our headquarters are located in San Carlos, in the San Francisco Bay Area, with the clinical genetics laboratory based in San Diego. We’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume or inquire at [email protected] with any questions.