Our team is our most valuable asset. We hire exceptional people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, who are inspired by our mission, embody our values and feel included and valued. We aim to deliver an experience to our employees that supports both what our team needs and values, but also, prepares them for a successful future and allows them to be their best selves.
We are looking for someone with deep expertise and leadership in people operations, who is seeking a strategic role in a high growth, incredibly fast-paced, data driven company focused on achieving best in class employee experience through a culture of continuous improvement.
The Head of People Operations will be the key driver in developing and executing a comprehensive people operations strategy. Reporting to the COO, you will serve as a thought partner to the COO and CEO with regards to all things people operations including diversity, equity and inclusion; leadership and coaching; employee relations; talent acquisition; engagement and culture; compensation; organizational design; performance management; and learning and development. The Head of People Operations will also oversee the people operations team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring and supporting team members.
What you'll do:
Strategic Partner: Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Management Team, especially the COO and CEO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues and serve as a coach for the members of the management team
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: In partnership with the People Ops team, lead the organization towards embodying its principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster an inclusive culture with a racial equity lens in decisions regarding hiring and retention initiatives
Culture, Engagement and Employee Experience: Help to communicate and uphold the organization’s values and ensure that they come through in all key initiatives and people-oriented decisions; partner with our Sr. People Operations Manager to create a differentiated employee experience strategy that touches all points of the employee lifecycle and ensure we have an exceptional environment for all employees
Coaching and Mentorship: Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization
Talent Acquisition: Attract the best talent so that each new hire elevates our talent bar; in partnership with our recruiting team, lead the end-to-end recruiting process
Learning & Development: We are a culture of constant learning, growing, and development, and you'll partner with our People Operations Manager to lead the creation of L&D programs that prepare employees across the company to grow their responsibilities alongside the company's growth
Compensation: Ownership and advancement of our total rewards program
Team Management: Building and managing a team of people operations professionals; placing special emphasis on professional development and motivation
Why we're excited about you:
- A track record of strategic HR leadership success; your 12+ years of experience spans both private and public companies, growth organizations, and companies with global workforces
- Leading HR function through IPO or Acquisition preferred
- Expertise in organizational design, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple competing priorities
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Why you are excited about us:
- Impact: There are few roles at Skillshare that will have more impact on our long-term success. Your team builds the foundations of how we work and the amazing people who work here.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time. As Skillshare grows and evolves, you’ll have a constant stream of opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are a series-D company
backed by OMERS, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC
, and Forbes
, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace
, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly
. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation
, and inclusive work environment for all.