We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As the VP of Product, reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll spearhead our product vision and priorities to deliver a world class experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is eager to own the product from the ground up. This individual will be a subject matter expert and will shape the product vision, execute timely product launches, facilitate team collaboration and provide significant product feedback across the team.
What you'll get to do
- Drive product planning, definition, execution, user engagement and feedback cycles
- Define and own product OKRs
- Define and own the release process and coordinate all of the activities required to bring new product and features to market
- Work with engineers and designers to build, test and deploy new features across our suite of web and mobile applications
- Analyze patterns and trends while identifying new opportunities
What success looks like in this role
- 10+ years of product execution or management at an enterprise or consumer tech company (marketplace experience is a plus)
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for world class design and user experiences
- Highly attuned to industry trends through continual research
- Ability to succeed with minimal guidance in ambiguous circumstances
- Avid self-educator who’s constantly consuming resources on how to lead teams and be a better manager Strong accountability, work ethic, sense of urgency with zero entitlement
- Excellent general communication, people and problem resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is required
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- $240k – $300k • 0.26% – 0.45%
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Paid coaching for management roles
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.