About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
Our offering to the customer is the best way to judge us, we believe. To make this happen, Product Managers on our team not only fret about our product strategy (what should be built and for whom) but also about every minor detail (why is the splash screen around for 0.25 seconds longer than necessary). They’re the catalysts of all that we stand for — which is to build trust and to deliver the best experience for our users.
Our belief is that there are Product Managers, and then there are “Product Managers”. If you are a product manager in our team, you love technology, obsess about your product. Your friends think of you as having an addiction to your gadgets and secretly envy you for all the stuff you know about every new product before anyone else.
You are also known for strong opinions on different products; you scorn the ones you dislike and can’t stop talking about those you love. At social gatherings, when you speak about how the world would be in the next few years, people listen. And never interrupt because they are in awe of your ability to imagine a new world. You can merge objectivity in analysis and also create an emotional connection to the user by speaking to them from your heart.
Fortunately for us, there is no University of Product Management where standard-issue product managers are churned out every year. Because we don’t believe this is how the greatest products are ever built.
- Help define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities help manage the product development lifecycle; develop detailed functional specifications for existing and new products
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders across functions to understand their needs and synthesize requirements for development teams
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specifications, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights users has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Drive the overall product strategy based on company goals, user research, and metrics.
- Demonstrated and superior skills of problem-solving, combining user/market insights and data analysis
- Participate in sprint planning and review to track progress
- 7+ years of professional experience in leading product and technology projects, and bringing them to market
- Deep expertise in payments / financial services product management
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Have an extreme bias towards action basically, you need to have the “Get Shit Done” attitude
- Solutions orientated within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
What we Offer!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- To keep things fun and stress-free during the pandemic we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?