Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
Q is seeking its first VP of Sales. You are a tenacious, supportive leader who has a strong history of strategically aligning sales with company objectives, of building a large and successful sales team, and of building sustainable growth through existing enterprise accounts and key partner channels. This role will report to the COO and is accountable of the overall success of sales growth at Managed by Q.
- You are a seasoned sales professional with deep experience on the frontlines of established sales organizations
- You believe the best sales organizations leverage their access to customers as an unfair advantage to build better products
- You have built and managed large teams (>50) with ambitious goals (8 figure) and understand the discipline required to create an efficient sales machine
- You understand the power of data to create an advantage, and will work with a world class team of Sales leaders and individual contributors to drive efficiencies in scaling the business
- You will come to know our customers better than anyone and will work with city General Managers to delicately balance the priorities of growth versus retention
- Your experience in B2B sales will help you make high impact decisions around territory, segmentation, specialization, and team structure - this is not your first rodeo
- Work with the COO to plan and execute against the company’s ambitious goals for client growth and expansion into new revenue categories
- Develop an integrated sales strategy to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets with an eye towards cost
- Provide leadership, direction and education to the high-performing sales team. Establish and enact performance measurement systems, and provide constructive feedback so these rising stars can learn and grow. You will work with our People Operations team to develop and create exciting, sustainable career paths and compensation plans.
- Lead efforts on both market and territory segmentation
- Identify opportunities for new products to drive efficiencies and grow revenues, and work with the company’s CPO to bring them to life
- Collaborate with the CFO to optimize the company's pricing strategy across all markets
- Act as executive sponsor on key accounts and develop growth within those accounts
- Develop a strategy to consistently beat revenue targets while marshalling centralized resources across multiple markets
- Manage post sales activities including gathering customer feedback, continued relationship building, future sales forecasting, and evaluation of sales process
- Identify how the company prioritizes growth across all of its markets, from marketing campaigns and cold outreach activity to retention plays and upsell opportunities
- Work with the heads of specific departments to develop strategies surrounding internal growth and hiring
- Your sales career has progressed through the ranks, and you have at least five years in a Director or VP of Sales role in a company with revenue targets of $50M+
- Proven experience in developing growth strategies that combine sales, marketing, data and product
- Experience building a metrics-driven sales organization in a B2B environment
- A track record of innovation, challenging the status quo, and finding new solutions to old problems
- Working understanding of the mechanics of a B2B sale and low cost lead generation sales model
- A player coach mentality that seeks to nurture their team, but isn’t afraid to put the team on your back to show them how it is done
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG