As we enter an exciting and challenging period of growth, we are looking for a human-centric VP People to build upon our foundations of a modern and inclusive company. Your role is to help us realise our potential to be an industry-leading example of how to nurture the healthiest and happiest team of people.
You will report directly to our CEO and be an integral part of the senior leadership team, partnering with each leader to support them as they grow and develop their team.
Our People & Talent function comprises four people: Director of Talent, a Technical Recruitment Lead, and two People & Culture Partners. We’re currently 94 people in total across the UK and the US and we’re growing to at least 160 people this year.
We already have these foundations in place:
- Our hiring processes are cost-efficient and effective
- We have a broad induction programme for new joiners
- The sense of community is strong
- We have policies & processes in place for potential employee relations issues
- We have a structured compensation approach, benchmarked to 70th percentile relative to London or NY, with twice-yearly reviews, based on a progression framework
- We have infrastructure in place to hire outside UK & US
- We're partway through our remote-first transition: office free, but not yet effective at asynchronous working.
We’d like you to focus on:
- Setting the strategy for strong, long-term learning & development
- Investing further in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Building a stronger feedback culture
- Improving our internal ways of working to ensure they're optimal for a distributed, fast-growing company
- Iterating on our existing people processes to strengthen and scale them
- Embedding our nascent values into everything people-related
- Championing, safeguarding and developing our culture
We'd love to speak with you if you are:
- Experienced in leading People operations and strategy in a high-growth organisation, from 100 to 300+ people
- Human-centric: you believe that looking after employees is looking after the company
- Experienced in building learning & development teams and programmes
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and opinionated on how best to foster this
- An empathetic manager, who enjoys coaching both leaders across the company and your own team
- Experienced in B2B organisations, including working on sales compensation schemes
How we pay:
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between £150,000 and £180,000 base + share options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners