Grand Rounds Health Talent & Organization (TAO) Team enables the company’s success by ensuring our most important asset, our people, are able to do their best work. The TAO Team comprises Talent Management, HR Operations & Analytics, Talent Acquisition, InternalCommunications & Employee Engagement and Workplace Experience.
As the Vice President, Talent Management you will be responsible for creating, implementing and leading Grand Rounds Health talent management and development strategies for our 2,000+ team members. This role will lead a team focused on developing, engaging, and 1coaching leaders, managers and team members to do their best work focused on ensuring access to quality health care for everyone, everywhere.
This role partners with leaders across the organization in implementing talent management and development strategies that reinforce and evolve Grand Rounds Health culture. Your impact is in the design of these strategies, leading the team to work across the business to ensure a cohesive implementation of our performance management and development programs. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role is a member of the Talent & Organization (TAO)leadership team collaborating across the TAO organization to ensure an effective execution of Grand Rounds Health people strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Create & lead a strategic talent advisory (HRBP) function -- creating the team, processes, tools and systems that support high-performance, strong engagement, growth.
- Partner with senior executives and peers in building professional credibility and mutual trust, ensuring that internal clients have access to high-quality advice and organizational support in achieving the company’s business strategy and plans.
- Lead Grand Rounds Health approach to performance management for goal alignment, feedback and accountability. Design systems that measure and distinguish high-performing individuals. Align systems/processes with company goals and priorities for accountability and high performance.
- Ensure the company is setup for success in the future through talent assessment, review and succession planning
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs; evaluate current talent capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize recruiting and development activities.
- Lead and guide the company’s employee relations practices ensuring our team members & managers are supported through effective mediation and coaching practices.
- Partner with Finance in establishing, implementing, and monitoring an efficient Workforce Planning & Management process and system.
- Partner with DEIB leaders to incorporate DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging) principles into our talent processes and programs.
- Incubate a talent development function, establishing foundational systems and programs to support the team through integration and scaling.
- Owns and manages the Talent Management & Development budget.
Required Skills & Abilities
Organizational Design and Development: Proven experience guiding leaders in organizing, leading and scaling complex organizations and teams. Skilled in organizational design principles and practices to ensure the team develops and maintains the culture, values and design it needs to reach its objectives.
Optimizing for Scale: Proven experience in developing effective, efficient and scalable processes for performance management, business partnership, workforce planning, and employee lifecycle management (onboarding, promotion/progression, and exit management).
Employee Relations: Proven track record in managing diverse and complex employee relations and mediation activities within a clear framework that accounts for company values and policies, while also complying with all legal requirements.
Develops Talent: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals and provides frameworks, programs and facilitations that enables others to do so as well.
Data Driven: Incorporates data analysis and critical thinking when interpreting information and uses people analytics for useful insights to guide, influence and prioritize their work.
Partnership & Collaboration: Builds strong partnerships and works collaboratively with team members at all levels.
Innovation: Ability to build best-in-class talent management programs that are unique, progressive and positions the company to attract, retain and grow top talent.
- Experience as a Senior HR Business Partner.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Management, or related field or equivalent years of experience (Master's degree / MBA preferred ).
- 15+ years of experience in a human resources, talent management and/or employee relations.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR leadership (people management) role.
- Experience with workforce planning, budgeting, vendor partnerships/management and negotiations.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading through change efforts, specifically around public readiness.
- Ability to manage complex HR programs, including policy design and development.
*It is highly preferred that this candidate sits on the West Coast within a 2 hour commute of San Francisco.
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.