Location: Manchester Warehouse (Rochdale)
Days: 5 out of 7 days per week, including weekends as necessary during busy season
Start Date: November 30, 2020
Would you like to work for a premium health and fitness brand? Since Peloton’s U.S. launch seven years ago, it has rapidly grown into a nearly 40-billion-dollar company with an international presence and has acquired celebrity fans such as David Beckham, Kate Hudson, Leonardo Di Caprio, Ellen DeGeneres, Barack Obama and Hugh Jackman amongst others.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will own the day to day management of warehouse operations for Peloton’s Rochdale site which includes site safety, warehouse team management, assembly operations, inbound/outbound shipments, and overall inventory management.
As part of the site leadership team you will help Rochdale achieve sitewide performance targets (KPIs), manage the professional development of team members, and promote a collaborative culture based on Peloton values. As the business and site continues to grow you must be comfortable managing a site with up to 100 team members and 80-100K sq./ft in size with multiple operational departments.
- Owner of the daily site operations within the Warehouse, operations include opening/closing the site, preparing and conducting delivery loadouts, inbound/outbound shipments, assembling product, site safety, and inventory management
- Motivate the whole Warehouse team and work to closely with your Warehouse Leads to achieve site performance targets whilst building a collaborative culture and abiding by the Peloton values
- Be responsible for the recruiting, onboarding, supervision, and daily management of all Warehouse staff including any agency or temporary staff onsite
- Responsible for coaching Warehouse staff and providing additional feedback and recognition to the site Operations Manager
- Conduct regular 1:1s with all Warehouse staff to support their long-term professional development
- Responsible for all Warehouse staff scheduling and shift assignments, including tracking and reporting
- Ensure Warehouse team adheres to all safety standards and operational SOPs
- Produce and generate reports on production rates, staff utilization, stock levels, warehouse capacity, inventory accuracy/loss, and overall warehouse efficiency
- Create forward looking plan for weekly product assembly targets, inbounds/outbounds schedule, and staff scheduling
- Act as a business owner and represent the site when working closely with cross-functional partners including Supply Chain, Analytics, Recruitment, IT/systems, QA< and Safety teams
- Notify key operational support teams to resolve any issues or gaps with any warehouse equipment needed to run operation including tools, forklifts, compactors, and IT equipment.
- Assist the site Operations Manager in the overall operation of the site as needed
- 8-10 years’ experience working in warehouse operations with extensive knowledge of warehouse safety and inventory management
- Proven track record of managing a warehouse or warehouse team to achieve performance targets over time
- Experience learning new inventory management systems (Netsuite, SAP or equivalent) to manage and control inventory accuracy
- Experience with rolling out 5S and similar warehouse standards
- Experience in Ecommerce or FMCG industries, or operationally similar industries preferred
- Experience hiring and building a high performing team
- A passion for developing others and experience coaching team members
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve personnel or operational challenges
- Ability to work well and collaborate in a team atmosphere across multiple sites and functions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A passion for health, fitness and exercise
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada and Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Crain’s New York Business’ Tech25 and Fast 50, as well as TIME’s Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
- Significant ownership of future site growth and building best-in-class teams
- Additional equity and performance-based awards
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan