About Merchants Metals
We’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, 4 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Are you looking for a great opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Warehouse/Yard Associate/Material Handler for our St. Louis, MO branch. Reporting to the Service Center Manager, the Warehouse/Yard Associate is responsible for preparing loads for delivery. This position requires the individual to adhere to strict safety, cleanliness and organizational standards related to work areas, loading and unloading materials and forklift operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
• Load and unload flat-bed and box trucks; Sort materials before loading and unloading.
• Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
• Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holding areas as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
• Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
• Ensure that the warehouse and yard are clean and organized according to inventory procedures: wash out cargo containers or storage areas
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
• Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
• Connect electrical equipment to power sources so that it can be tested before use.
• Carry out general yard duties.
• Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
• Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Must be able to work overtime as required
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
This job has been filled or removed by Merchants Metals.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Warehouse Yard Associate/Material Handler job post.✕