What would it look like if we started over? That’s the question that fuels all of us at Hampton Creek. We started this company because we deeply believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing for our bodies and for the world should be affordable for everyone. And it should be unthinkably, mouthwateringly delicious. We are the fastest-growing food company on earth and we are looking for smart, motivated people looking to make a positive impact join us as we scale up our business.
So what would you do if you had the chance to start again? We are seeking an experienced Director, Warehousing & Transportation to lead a key strategic piece of our supply chain. We need an experienced operations leader to establish our strategic warehouse network as we expand the breadth of our product lines and strategically direct the transportation and delivery of our products. Do you have a proven track record of performing successfully in an unstructured, and fast-paced environment? Are you highly organized, excel at solving complex problems, an excellent communicator, who operates best with high levels of responsibility and ownership? Are you the ideal candidate? If you are up for the challenge in managing this critical piece of the supply chain and want to help build a world-class food company that will change the world and shape the future of food, apply for this job.
· Manage multiple Warehousing partners to ensure on time orders, order accuracy and minimize warehousing costs across the U.S.
· Primary point of contact for Hampton Creek on all Warehousing issues: must utilize strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills to deliver products according to customer requirements and timelines
· Ensures shipments into and out of the supply chain are handled quickly, safely, and within budget constraints
· Coordinates with both outside companies and internally to provide freight services timely and accurately
· Familiarity with shipping/warehousing options, legal issues, government regulations, and food safety procedures is required
· Develop cost reduction strategies without sacrificing product quality or hurting product experience
· Manage KPIs, budgets, and documentation for Warehousing partners
· Work with cross functional team members to properly store our products, prepare orders and ensure deliveries of ingredients, raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
· Helps select and negotiate with vendors to develop both short and long term strategies
· Work hand in hand with QA team to implement quality standards and track results
· Travel as needed: Up to 25% of the time
· 5-7 years of relevant experience in ownership of handling all aspects of warehousing logistics and relationships in a fast-paced, high-impact environment
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on supply chain management or organizational planning or related fields
· Need to be a “roll up your sleeves” and work along side type manager. Management needs to be in the details of what is going on to make good decisions as well as help get work done
· Proven leadership – ability to have your vendor(s) / warehouse(s) organized and efficient
· Assist in building out the team
· Quick learner, highly organized and ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
· Must be an effective communicator and provide exceptional customer service to external vendors and internal partners
· Demonstrated experience leading projects and implementing process improvements
· Experience with Inventory Management systems
· Experience in Domestic Warehouse Management
· Problem-solver – we have lots of tough problems to work on. The key is to figure out which are the most important and go after them
· Inspired, not intimidated, by rapid growth and scaling.
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Warehousing Manager job post.✕