Pypestream is messaging built for business; securely connecting organizations with their customers and employees through the mobile devices they use throughout their day.
We’re growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform that enables personal, yet scalable conversations. Our passion is building great products for our users in an agile environment, and we’re always on the lookout for the industry’s best talent.
Pypestream shares a collaborative leadership and features company culture centered on transparency to ensure we constantly exceed expectations.
As most senior on the Web App dev team, you will be responsible for full development and ownership of the entire web app build. We use ReactJS on our front-end stack so knowledge with client-side JS framework is a must along with HTML5, CSS3, responsive designs
What you'll do:
- Build best in class front-end social communications web app that delight our users
- Build and maintain the Pypestream public website
- Use latest JS front-end client technologies as well as latest bootstrap and CSS technologies
- Create slick and fast front-ends for our consumer and business portals
- Develop functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups, and create proper documentation
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are consistent in cross-browser environment
- Partner closely with Design to implement the overall design vision
- Build out our digital experience language creating new, reusable interface elements and refining existing ones, as we navigate existing across platforms, devices and mediums.
- Use your engineering experience and skill to have a direct impact on our products and tools
- Collaborate with leadership, product management and other engineers to influence product direction and delivery
- Contribute to engineering efforts to make our products more efficient
- Contribute to a first class engineering culture and make a positive impact in the NYC tech community
- Minimum 2 years experience required (if you do not have 2 years professional experience, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY - internship and academy experience DOES NOT COUNT)
- Expert in HTML5, CSS3, bootstrap and responsive web design
- Strong site-building background with both technical and visual expertise
- Solid experience designing and implementing web applications
- Strong understanding of the browser tier, including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs, with hyper-scale messaging a bonus
- You already know git, familiar with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Google Apps and so on
- Expertise in working with cloud systems, including local and remote storage on EC2
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL technologies such as PostGreSQL, Redis or similar
- Familiarity with pub-sub messaging protocols such as STOMP, MQTT or similar
- Be prepared to bring your laptop and show us your skills during an interview
- Expertise in HubSpot is bonus
What You'll Get:
- A dynamic and exciting culture where your work is valued
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision, and other great benefits
- An amazing office space with full kitchen, snacks and drinks all day, close to Penn Station
Why you should join us:
- We are growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate yet scalable conversations
- We’re passionate about building great products for our users in an agile environment
- We’re a small team growing fast, have huge impact and solve interesting problems
Please provide examples of your "real" work in your application as well as prepare to show us your coding skills - bring your own laptop and show us what you've done so far.