As a Web Designer and Developer at FormAssembly you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing and creation of web pages and assets on formassembly.com. Your primary responsibilities will include managing the website, optimizing assets (site speed, code structure, plugins, etc.), creating landing pages, and managing our website presence.
This position will play a large role in driving our business' continued growth and success.
- Plan, develop and implement our website strategies
- Manage all website design and maintenance, including server-side maintenance
- Work with our SEO and SEM specialist towards organic search optimization and ROI maximization
- Work with the Creative team to identify and launch successful digital initiatives through engaging and effective conversion design
- Monitor website efficiencies and opportunities, including working closely with SEO and SEM specialist on tracking web conversion and testing
- Implement website best practices and optimizations
- A solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
- Experience developing within and extending CMS frameworks such as WordPress
- Particular experience developing WordPress themes and plugins
- Familiarity with web server configuration, particularly for WordPress
- Familiarity with MySQL databases
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors
- Familiarity with RESTful API integration
- Familiarity with the Git version control system
- Familiarity with best practices for mobile website delivery
- Hands-on experience with user-centered design
- An understanding of the unique challenges of online communications across a variety of media
FormAssembly is a completely distributed team. We thrive through digital communication, and work to connect numerous times a day. Our culture is unique, read more about it here. We offer a competitive salary with health benefits, 401K, and flexible vacation time.
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!