A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Windows DevOps Engineer, you will be joining a team of enthusiastic engineers set out to deliver secure infrastructure that directly impacts core-business outcomes. Our team is a mix of software engineers and system engineers, and our projects range from building web applications to automating Windows server deployment and configuration.
We are looking for someone who has a strong desire to stay ahead of the curve and help us redefine Windows system engineering. The rise of Dev Ops, combined with Windows 2016 server, has opened up the opportunity to redesign how Windows infrastructure has traditionally been built. We are working toward creating an ephemeral Windows environment, using AWS and Azure to automate the traditional, manual workflows.
On any given day, you'll participate in short, high-energy sprints focusing on projects such as creating a zero maintenance environment, expanding the features that we currently offer, and moving critical services into AWS. Our team aims for a high standard, so you will participate in regular demos to showcase prototypes, teach new libraries, or demonstrate a project that you've completed.
- Deploy critical applications on Windows servers to AWS and Azure using tools such as Packer, Terraform, DSC, Chocolatey, and Powershell to automate service lifecycle. Strong focus on auto-remediation.
- Build applications with Python or Go to create self-service workflows to minimize operational workload.
- Architect entire subsystems of core Palantir infrastructure.
- Redesign our automated task system using container based technologies (e.g. Nomad and Docker).
- Work directly with the Information Security team to design and implement security policies.
- Support end users in making the secure thing to do, the easy thing to do.
What We Value
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Math, Physics, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience working in Developer Operations
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Experience with managing and developing on highly-available and distributed software
- Experience with PowerShell, as well as a popular Linux scripting language (Python, Bash, or Go)
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks like Terraform and Cloudformation
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.