As the owner of the system vision for both the hardware and firmware team, the Wireless Architect is fundamental to creating the next generation of consumer mesh networking equipment. In this role, the engineer will be designing a flexible architecture that can support the current shipping product and next generation features. The position requires a wireless subject matter expert who understands 802.11abgn/ac and Bluetooth protocols and algorithms.
What you’ll do:
- Architect algorithms for the next generation mesh-networking equipment.
- Work with Electrical Engineering, RF Design, ID, and Product team members to conceptualize, define, design, build, and test new products.
- Define multi-antenna and multiple-radio systems specifications to minimize the impact of receiver de-sense, coexistence and thermals.
- Perform design validation, verification, and characterization for first prototypes, sub- assemblies, and the final product.
- Design wireless systems TX and RX chains to optimize transmitter fidelity and receiver sensitivity
- Integrate work with the Core OS team and Operations team.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Obsesses over the customer experience.
- Drives what matters. You never lose sight of the critical path and can evangelize others to follow it.
- Is Curious. You get excited about things you don’t know. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Has demonstrated experience with RF and communication simulation tools.
- Strong understanding of IoT trends and protocols
- Proficient in python or another programming language.
- Has demonstrated experience with U-Boot and Linux development.
- Possesses a solid understanding of C, git, the GNU toolchain, and Bash scripting
- Has 2+ years of firmware development experience with knowledge of ARM.
- BSME or equivalent. MS or PhD preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.