Summit Bodyworks is a premier builder of mobile display vehicles, mobile medical, law enforcement and other specialty vehicles. We are growing and looking for someone to join our team working in our woodshop. Demonstrated competency operating a variety of woodshop machinery including table saws, chop saws, and misc. hand power tools. Additional experience operating edge banding, time saver, lamination, and CNC milling equipment is also preferred. This is a 2nd Shift position. Working hours will be M-F 3:00pm -11:00pm, after an initial 2-4 week training period on days.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and assemble cabinetry and interior vehicle components.
- Read or learn to read engineered drawings to prepare cut lists.
- Sanding hardwoods to prepare for stain and finish.
- Adjust and modify existing cabinetry to fit unusual situations.
- Use of various hand and power tools and other woodworking equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver's License with good standing MVR.
- Knowledge of hardwoods and wood products is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Candidates must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Compensation Range: $18.00 to $24.50 PLUS a 10% Shift Differential.
- Bonus Eligibility: No
- Reports To: Production Supervisor
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
Date Posted: 01-19-2021
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.