Our mission at Jobscan is to empower job seekers and help them land more interviews. We analyze resumes and LinkedIn profiles against job descriptions, helping our users stand out against the competition. Our users love us - we’re completely user-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially.
We are looking for a smart, driven, versatile Engineer to accelerate our growth and help our tools reach more jobseekers. You’ll work alongside our distributed marketing team and Seattle-based engineering team to improve traffic acquisition, SEO, Paid Search/Social, CRO, analytics, and more. You’ll use modern and proven technologies, working in a fast-paced environment and reporting directly to our CTO with tasks driven by the marketing team. This is a great chance to be part of a growing organization that is continually providing opportunities for professional growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work in agile sprints delivering projects on our website, Learning Center, and blog using PHP, Wordpress, Laravel, and MySQL
- Continuous optimizations on site performance, traffic, and search
- Running A/B tests and assisting our marketing team with content updates
- Keeping our sites secure and up-to-date
- Be a positive influence on the team, providing technical expertise to get work items across the finish line
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies and SEO
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years experience improving and maintaining high-traffic marketing websites
- Experience with Wordpress, popular, custom plugins, and PHP
- Experience building page templates that take maximum advantage of a CMS
- Self-starter attitude capable of advanced troubleshooting and getting up-to-speed quickly with existing codebases
- Good sense of UI/UX
- Detailed-oriented and with a high bar for quality
- Agile development experience
- Start-up experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Google Optimize, or a similar A/B testing tool
- Experience with marketing tools (Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Search Console, Drip, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Laravel web framework
- UI/UX design skills and experience creating pixel-perfect mockups
Our Benefits & Perks Include:
Competitive salary + stock options, flexible schedule, Commuter Benefits (Seattle Office), Flexible PTO, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, free drinks and snacks of your choice (Seattle Office), education stipend. As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.