Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
As the ideal Workplace Experience Manager, you are a master communicator with an ability to lead and implement change focused on the customer. You are adaptable and understand the need to experiment and pivot in a fast-paced environment that’s always changing. You have a dedicated focus on delivering a Workplace that aligns with the Atlassian values and its high-performing culture. You have the ability to quickly understand the evolving culture, anticipate change, and translate this into the Workplace Experience offerings. You are an influencer through your outstanding communication skills - both in writing and confident speaking. You recognise the value of the physical workplace and its impact on employee engagement and productivity.
The Workplace Experience team acts as a 3D billboard for our values, creates an environment where Atlassian’s are able to choose your own journey, and has the agility to stay aligned with our Customers.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
- You thrive on the success of the entire team, as well as the individual team members
- You are a champion for new ideas and love to experiment
- You are an experienced collaborator and a superb communicator
- You value relationships, both internal and external
- You are comfortable operating with ambiguity in a fast paced environment
In this role you will:
- Observe the way both Atlassian staff and Atlassian processes work so you can anticipate future needs and propose improvements.
- Run high-visibility, high-impact strategic programs (which range from technical delivery, analytics deep dives, customer insights, operational efficiency, and change management)
- Work across the organisation and company to drive outcomes, align with business owners and mitigate risk, and deliver value to our internal customers
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Significant professional experience in program and portfolio management
- Experience building strategy based on vision and goals, turning a strategy into executable plans, and driving high transparency and sophisticated projects
- An analytic approach, a drive to support decisions with data, and the ability to make data digestible to varied audiences (big data, financial models, etc.)
- Experience in diagnosing challenges for teams, and going that extra mile to improve their daily environment.
It's fantastic if you have:
- A well-developed network of contacts in the employee experience and customer service industries
More about our team:
You'll be joining the Workplace Experience team based in Sydney with programs that work to serve every Atlassian. As Program Managers, we build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the drivers and the glue to ensure teams deliver on sophisticated, cross-functional programs.
As a team, we challenge each other constantly to improve our outcomes. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns, and frameworks that deliver impact and enable and empower all teams. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. Dogs, coffee, and tea, and In & Out burgers are a few of our favourite things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected]
and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub