Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
The Workplace Experience Manager (UK & EMEA) is responsible for delivering the highest quality office environment and in-house service solutions for both internal and external customers which supports our aim of providing a world class Workplace Experience.
Your mission will be to provide exceptional support services within beautiful work environments that inspire and enable staff to create beautiful outcomes.
You will have a strong focus on customer service, while implementing the team’s strategies for achieving continual improvement of the experience that people have in our space. This includes how they interact with our space, the technology and how the space enables people to interact with each other to strengthen our culture. Xero wants the workplace to be enjoyable and productive to allow staff to do the best work of their lives by meeting the needs of the individual and the needs of the business.
You will work with the guidance of the Head of Workplace Experience and in collaboration with local leaders to understand future needs and implement plans to meet these needs. Your remit will span all stages of the real estate life-cycle, including assisting with; multi-year accommodation plans, business cases, space sourcing, lease negotiation, design, fit out, project management and lease disposal.
You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of services required to operate Xero’s office space and the support of other business functions, which will include; space management, promoting the behaviours needed for success with our Activity Based Working approach, reception, hospitality services, physical security, travel, building management, health, safety, environmental, sustainability and security initiatives. You will also be responsible for leading part of the WX team and ensuring the needs of the business and WX strategy are met.
What you'll do
- Deliver effective building services, whilst achieving a quality work environment in a cost effective manner across all UK and EMEA sites
- Build and manage relationships with external building suppliers/contractors
- Manage, coach and mentor team members
- Assist with property acquisition, disposal and lease negotiations, as well as fit outs and building work projects
- Support and organise office relocations and team reconfigurations
- Negotiating and managing service contracts to ensure services are delivered within the approved budgets and standards
- Occasional travel to our South Africa office as well as frequent visits to all UK offices
- Assist with the creation and management of OPEX & CAPEX budgets, ensuring all financial policies and processes are followed, including purchase ordering, invoicing, expense claims and DFA
- Ensuring all meeting rooms, kitchen facilities and reception areas are well presented, stocked and maintained
What you'll bring with you
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within facilities/ workplace management across multiple sites
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in people management
- Proven experience in managing front of house/ reception functions
- Proven experience in managing office relocations/reconfigurations (desirable)
- Project Management experience in commercial fit out or equivalent
- Proven experience in contract management and service level agreements
- Understanding of Health & Safety principles
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.