As a writer and editor on the Marketing team, you’ll help refine eero’s tone of voice and maintain continuity across multiple channels, including our blog, our social media channels, our website, and other platforms. We want to build the best content producing machine in the industry, and you’ll help grow and develop eero’s long-term content strategy. You’ll work with internal and external resources on producing content, ensuring everything is always the highest level of quality, creativity, and consistency. In addition to spearheading the ideation and production phases of content creation, you’ll also have the opportunity to influence content distribution. We’re a team that likes to constantly experiment, test, and iterate, and you’ll help us apply this methodology to content as well.
What you’ll do:
- Build out content pipeline and source content ideas. You’ll help produce and edit short and long-form content to support our blog, social media accounts, and website. This content will help create brand awareness, establish thought leadership, and promote conversions.
- Manage external and internal content creators. You’ll manage workflows and project deadlines, across the eero team and a network of outsourced contractors, juggling multiple projects and moving pieces at once.
- Respectively give and receive feedback. We have a high bar of quality at eero, and you’ll be in charge of maintaining that across all channels. You’ll have to be comfortable delivering constructive criticism, as well as being open to feedback on your own work.
- Learn, develop, and maintain eero’s voice. Storytelling is a huge part of brand building, and we’ll look to you to help narrow in on our voice to tell that story across a variety of different platforms: blog, social media, podcasts, print, etc.
We’re looking for someone who:
Is detail oriented, to an extreme. You love grammar, and have strong opinions about hotly debated grammar rules like the Oxford comma or ending a sentence in a preposition. No missing comma, verb tense, or improper word use goes unnoticed.
Manages their time like a pro. Deadlines are your best friend, and there’s no lengths you won’t go to make sure you, and the people who are writing for you, stay on track.
Likes to experiment. We’re still learning and growing, and we don’t have all the answers. We need someone who wants to help push our editorial identity to new heights, by constantly devising tests, executing them, measuring the results, and refining the process.
Is a brilliant communicator. You should be able to research complex topics and use this information to create unique and engaging content. We need someone with polished written and verbal communication skills who’s also creative with copywriting.
Is their own biggest critic. You not only gracefully and meticulously edit others’ work, but you’re equally as unforgiving on yourself, not resting until you find the perfect word or phrase.
- Has 5-7 years experience writing, managing, and editing blog, social media, and website content. You have experience in online journalism, content marketing, project management, and social media. A background in writing for a consumer hardware product is a bonus.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.