We are Skedulo, the world's leader in scheduling and workforce management software. In response to COVID-19, we have partnered with government bodies and healthcare organizations worldwide to bring the fight against COVID. We are driving the roll-out of vaccine programs at scale internationally and playing our part in helping the world reopen on schedule.
Engineers display a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. They are focused on growing as an engineer, learning the squad’s tools and current processes, as well as a strong background in Engineering best practices like automated testing, source control, and agile planning.
Capable of taking well-scoped components from a larger project and completing these tasks in a reasonable time frame. Engineers at this level are assumed to be constantly making steady progress on tasks that are assigned to them and know when to ask for help when they are blocked. They can own their independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
They communicate well and are capable of delivering feedback to peers and their managers. When given a task with unclear requirements they know how to ask for clarification and ensure that all assumptions are vetted before work starts to reduce the need for re-work. They understand how their work fits into the larger picture for their squad, and use this to identify conflicting requirements for their squad lead and product manager. As Engineers learn they will start to participate more in the technical design process, often with guidance from senior engineers.
Engineers at this level should be improving the speed at which they learn from their mistakes. By the time an engineer is ready to be promoted to Senior Engineer, they will have focused on some technology as their expertise and become capable of mentoring interns and junior engineers in these areas.
- Day to Day
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog in line with mobile guild best practices
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- Technical Duties
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weigh in on technical discussions/decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non-technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentor more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Must have at least a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field of study.
- Must have at least 3+ years of commercial experience in Xamarin mobile development.
- Strong English language communication skills.
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- MVVM concepts/frameworks
- UI and integration testing
- Xamarin Forms
- Android/iOS Native
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in implementing good UI and a clean UX.
- Preferred candidates will have a strong understanding of the importance of contributing to the CI/CD pipeline and automation.
- Must be a current Vietnamese citizen or hold a valid working visa
Top Reasons to Join Skedulo!
- A dynamic product company with great tech.
- You get your own Macbook Pro.
- Sign-on bonus available
- We support your professional development.
- Balanced Workload. Perform at your Best!
- Working from home set up stipend: $150
- Learning & Development stipend: $500 per year
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 20 paid leave days per year
- 8 paid Mental Healths days per year
- 3 paid Volunteer days per year
- 12 days of paid Public Holiday per year
- Annual health check-up
- Off-site trip annually
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks) in conjunction with eligible government benefits
- Miscarriage & Bereavement leave
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Medical Benefits for employees & family
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Annual Mental Wellness Week event & a Calm subscription to help support the mental wellbeing
- Leadership, Mentorship, DEIB Program
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self-reject!