About the Team
Being part of Meesho's Fulfillment and Experience team as Zonal Head - Logistics as a Platform - First Mile (LAAP - FM) will zip you to the cockpit of our ever-burgeoning rocketship, where you get to directly shape the experience of the country's next billion e-commerce users.
We are an eclectic mix of 100+ professionals with diverse skill sets ranging from running operations/support, supply chain know-how, analytics and the holy grail, first principles problem-solving.
At Meesho, we are trying to do what's never been done before - taking e-commerce to the masses. This leaves us with no choice but to completely reimagine logistics from the ground up, to cater to our customers' price and delivery expectations. That means a host of "zero-to-one" projects (takers, anyone?) to build a supply chain to change how folks think about e-commerce not just in India, but globally.
We are strong believers in fun at work. With monthly F&E happy hour sessions, informal team outings, internal virtual water cooler chat sessions, there’s never a dull moment with us :).
About the Role
As Zonal Head LAAP - FM, you’ll lead your own team and drive the expansion of the first mile network for LAAP. You’ll onboard partners to do first-mile delivery and own the service and cost metrics for first mile operations. You’ll manage a team of cluster managers and leads to help drive the vision of the network. You’ll continuously work towards identifying gaps and providing recommendations for improving the processes
What you will do
- ● Own the onboarding and training of new partners for first mile (including mother hub operations) for your zone
- ● Track and own the performance of different partners in your cluster
- ● Ensure compliance with operational processes
- ● Own and drive key operational metrics end to end and achieve performance targets
- ● Manage a distributed team of cluster managers to drive the vision of the program
- ● Drive inputs to the product roadmap for improving the overall ops tech
- ● Drive the overall ops and network design implementation on ground
What you will need
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree in any discipline
- 5-7 years of experience working in the e-commerce logistics domain
- Exposure of partner onboarding and training in the first mile and mother hub operations
- Experience in hiring and managing a distributed operations team
- Exposure of working in control tower and field operations will be a plus
Meesho is India’s fastest growing e-commerce company. We started in 2015 with the idea of helping mom & pop stores to sell online. Today, 5% of Indian households shop with us on any given day 😎. We’ve helped over 15 million individual entrepreneurs start online businesses with zero investment. We’re democratising internet commerce by offering a 0% commission model for sellers on our platform — a first for India. We aim to become the e-commerce destination for Bharat. How? Find out from our blogs
Democratise internet commerce for everyone
Har Indian ka APNA MARKET