Ready for a challenge?
We have ambitious goals. We want to help all businesses and workers across the globe onboard to crypto payment. We believe that you will push your limits as part of our team. You will work with an amazing team in a fast-moving field to drive Fountain’s product and engineering vision and tackle difficult product, performance, and security challenges.
Fountain is a wallet orchestration platform for organizations. We help business operate their business in cryptocurrencies and enable their workers to get paid in crypto.
For phase I, we are building a hot wallet platform for organizations. Fountain’s wallet platform enables organizations to easily issue tens to thousands of permission-controlled wallets and helps organizations scale their operations. The platform streamlines internal spending and expense workflows and serves as the system of record for treasury transactions, OAuth history, and employee identity.
Fountain’s mission is to create wealth for organizations and individuals by drastically reducing the idle time of money transfer and settlement while unlocking the value that money can create during those idle times.
We have a fantastic group of investors and angels in crypto and B2B and ample runway. And we have built an initial product and are in the process of onboarding our first set of early adopters.
About the role: Full Stack Founding Engineer
**We are looking for a product-driven full-stack founding engineer. **Our Engineering team tackles the complexities of technology that affect the entire organization’s operating system and individual worker’s compensation. The heart of Fountain is engineering; the heart of our engineering team is our founding engineers, who set the tone and pace of engineering at Fountain.
What you'll do
- You will work directly with the CEO and have transparency into other aspects of the company
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will set the direction for the team and help guide the engineering vision
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within our company
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
What we're seeking
- At least 2-3 years of professional development experience
- You are familiar with backend and frontend technologies, web development, and design
- The product-driven mindset with deep empathy for our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectually honest and low ego
- Love working hard and enjoy a fast-paced environment with a delivery-minded mentality: iterate fast, ship fast, innovate fast
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, and capable of picking up new things on your own
- Love autonomy and self-sufficient
- Thoughtfulness and enthusiasm in company, team, and culture building
- US work authorization is required, we do not support visa transfers
Nice to have
- You have experience in the crypto space
- Knowledgeable about web wallet frameworks but unopinionated – willing to use the best tool for the job
- You are comfortable with planning sprints
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or other technical degrees
- You are based in SF or NYC or can work remotely from the US
- You have experience leading a team