Shopify powers over over 1 million merchants around the world, and we’re just getting started. We are a fast, ambitious, and high trust company that gives people and teams space to own outcomes and roadmaps, and we’re looking for someone to continue to enable our growth by leveling up our systems, processes, and tools.
The Retail Team and its flagship product, Shopify Point of Sale, are fueling the future of omnichannel commerce. Their vision attracts thousands of merchants every day — from those who occasionally sell in-person to well-known, multi-store brick-and-mortar brands. Shopify Retail is made by several small, interdependent RnD teams working in parallel to deliver a singular product experience for merchants.
Product Operations is responsible for building the structure that enables teams to build the right products at the right time, while maintaining the balance between optimized processes and creating space for speed, agility and creativity. This is a critical role with access to the Retail leadership team, and ownership over key deliverables, like quarterly roadmap planning, product investment planning, and cycle planning. If you are deeply interested in enabling our people, our strategy, and our mission to make commerce better for everyone, we would love to hear from you.
You'll be doing things like:
- Create robust practices to accelerate a multi-location, highly dependent product team’s projects and decisions
- Work with each product and data team to define and build tracking tools for product roadmap objectives and key results
- Surface insights that help leadership understand where we’re making product bets, how the projects are being executed, how they’re performing, and where risks are beginning to surface
- Build processes to identify and manage multi-team, multi-month, or multi-product line dependencies
- Collaborate with peers - e.g. product operations managers that are embedded with different segments at Shopify, to share tools and expertise that amplify the impact of product operations across the company
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years experience in operations, strategy, or product delivery support roles, e.g. project management, program management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into approachable summaries
- Experience as a leader in a cross functional environment by building empathy and high trust relationships across teams, working proactively to identify and solve potential problems, building teams, removing obstacles to keep teams & leadership focused and effective
- Previous experience with the Product Management lifecycle and driving change at scale through indirect leadership
- Experience producing actionable insights, and making recommendations to senior leadership that are appropriate for a given context
- An ability to develop and iterate on minimum viable processes, and influence team behaviours to facilitate collaboration at scale without compromising on speed, trust, and flexibility
- Operations strategy and leadership experience in a high growth SaaS company or leading product-led technology organizations
Please note this posting will close on Friday, March 27th at 5pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.