MaxPeople is a professional Human Resources consulting firm offering HR, Training, Recruitment and Employment Law services to clients in need of an effective people strategy to grow their business. We provide services to small and mid-size organizations with the necessary Human Resources infrastructure and the employment law services required for growth.
About Our Client
Our client NEXT Supply is the new generation of supplier in wholesale Plumbing and Hydronics -- setting superior standards in service, product availability and delivery.
NEXT has 11 strategically located local warehouses across the GTA, each with a full quantity of inventory and strong, strategic delivery capabilities. They provide contractors with unprecedented support in a fast growing and traffic laden environment by bringing inventory closer to jobsites. They have the right people, with years of experience in product knowledge, skilled trades experience and customer service training.
NEXT Supply is excited for their next phase of growth and is looking for a dynamic Human Resources Generalist. The successful candidate will work closely with the Human Resources Manager in the implementation of processes, policies and programs that drive organizational effectiveness.
What you will do:
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Oversees the full recruitment cycle for all administrative and associate-level positions including assisting in the development of recruitment strategies and activities (e.g., sourcing candidates, assisting hiring managers with conducting interviews, etc.).
- Prepares employment agreements and ensures that reference checks and background checks are completed for all final candidates.
- Conducts recruitment research on best practices in the marketplace and ensure the use of cost-effective external resources.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes exit interview trends to summarize and present them to Management.
- Onboards and manages the orientation of all new and returning employees and ensures employees receive proper training appropriate for their position (e.g., Occupational Health and Safety for Workers and Supervisors).
- Takes a lead role in ensuring new hires are set up in their workspace and equipped with access pass, computer, phone extension, and other materials upon hire.
- Ensures new hire documentation is received, saved, and updated as required.
- Assist with the development and management of a performance appraisal process that aligns with business needs and drives high performance.
- Maintains and updates various HR reports including, among other metrics, turnover, recruitment and headcount and work with Human Resources Manager to develop appropriate action plans to address identified needs.
- Conducts and completes analysis of employee engagement survey results and assists with the recommendations to improve scores.
Training and Development
- Facilitates training sessions as required.
- Ensures appropriate Joint Health and Safety Committee (“JHSC”) members are in place and trained accordingly, ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives such as rewards and recognition programs and charitable events.
- Identifies vertical and lateral opportunities for advancement or progression for employees, understanding the skills, experiences, and personal and professional competencies necessary for success in each new role.
Employee Relations and Compliance
- Supports NEXT’s performance management process to ensure continuous performance improvement and the implementation of best practices.
- Assists managers with coaching, performance discussions, follow-up on timelines and ensuring that all employees’ Goals and/or Development Action Plans are identified.
- Responds to employee inquires in a timely manner and provides proactive solutions to day-to-day challenges.
- Provides support and assistance in the termination process, both voluntary and involuntary.
- Communicates and enforces all HR policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Assists with disability management type cases to ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provides recommendations on employee relations practices with a view to establishing a positive employee-employer relationship and promoting a high level of employee engagement.
Assists in conducting workplace investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth and escalating to the Managers or the CEO, when required.
- Minimum 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience; preferably in a warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Relevant College or University Degree. Possession of or working towards a Professional HR designation preferred.
- Values-based individual who operates with a high level of integrity and a strong people-centred focus.
- A strong and engaging collaborator with a focus on relationship building and maintaining a positive organizational culture.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the design and application of HR management policies, best practices, and employment legislation etc.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical decision-making and analytical skills.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in technology (e.g., Microsoft office, cloud storage, video conference software).
Successful Candidates will be required to:
- Be on-site and maybe required to travel to all 11 locations across the GTA.
- Produce a clear police record check and a vulnerable sector check prior to start of employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to an appropriately insured vehicle to travel to NEXT Supply’s sites as needed throughout the GTA.
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.