Technical Program Manager, Technology Services
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
This role is part of the Tech Services PMO and manages a variety of programs and projects including strategic, cross-functional programs consisting of multiple projects that are sometimes led by multiple project leaders from various departments. As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead program activities for complex projects consisting of teams from multiple business areas while demonstrating best practice use of project management methodologies and toolsets. Working closely with key stakeholders, department leaders, analysts and product owners, this role will plan, manage, report, memorialize and deliver assigned programs while ensuring program objectives are achieved, gaps are effectively managed and business value is realized.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and manage multiple large technical programs consisting of complex integration projects.
- Build processes to ensure accountability and timely delivery of integrations, including proactive management of risks
- Anticipate and mitigate risk by conducting assessments across the program to determine if the implementation plans will succeed and if changes are needed to improve the overall integration scoping, build and deployment processes
- Oversee the quality of our outsourced workflows and works collaboratively to improve the integrations process
- Manage and improve the end-to-end process for delivering integrations at scale with a focus on effective reporting for various stages of the integration process to other teams and senior stakeholders, and use that reporting to highlight where constraints are in the system.
- Collect and provide feedback to the infrastructure, product and engineering teams to improve the overall integrations infrastructure
- Direct and be accountable for organizational change management with your key stakeholders on your programs.
- Partner with the program sponsor and stakeholders to define the program KPIs and roadmap.
- Demonstrate proficiency in program strategy and execution within the business domain.
- Lead your program team and deliver strategic value. Collaborate across Indeed with senior stakeholders and other program managers.
- Use communications effectively to inform and influence your intended audiences. Proactively network with relevant stakeholders across Indeed to advocate for the needs and success of your program.
- Help your project team to refine their individual project management skills and behaviors. Provide opportunities to others to help close their skill gaps.
- Notifies the project team when project anomalies are discovered.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent related work experience, technical discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management field
- You have significant work experience leveraging agile/lean experience methodologies
- You have experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated data driven approach.
- You have strong team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving skills.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You capably elicit high-level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You have executed company-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- You have led multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine-tuning the program as needed.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience with Wrike Analytics
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 50 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.