About the Business Development Representative at Headspace:
The Business Development Representative role at Headspace is the best job out there for someone looking to learn more about sales and business development at a fast-paced growth-stage startup. As a member of the Workplace Wellness Enterprise Sales team, this role will help to spread our mission of improving the health and happiness of the world by partnering with corporations big and small to bring the Headspace mindfulness training platform as a benefit for their employees, both in and out of work. We are seeking high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen and natural sales instincts. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path.
Headspace offers a creative and entrepreneurial environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to sell business application solutions and take your career to the next level! If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, then come and grow with us!
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Headspace for Work
- Being confident and eager to actively communicate with C-Level Executives
- Diligently maintain active engagement through Salesforce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow ups to increase customer interest in Headspace
- Achieve quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience and unique customer service
- Partner with our experienced Account Executives to help fill their pipeline and develop your sales and interpersonal skills
- Team-player and go-to person
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Experience being held to metrics and quota
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree is strongly preferred
- Up to one year of corporate experience, on top of undergraduate graduation
- Eagerness to learn and deep interest in IT, Cloud
- First experience in cold calling and new customer acquisition is a plus
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.