Role Type: Full time - 100% Remote
Expected Total Comp: $80,000 - $100,000, depending on experience.
Location: Strong preference for candidates in San Diego. However, we will consider all applicants located in the United States. Please note that applicants must be authorized to work within the United States.
Since our launch in June 2020, Cars & Bids has become the destination for enthusiasts to buy and sell cool modern cars. In that time, we’ve grown to over 300,000 users, hosted over 10,000 auctions, and sold over $200 million in cars. We are continuing to aggressively expand, attract new audiences, and further establish ourselves as the preeminent automotive online auction destination.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing our marketing and communications strategy across channels and mediums. This role will include a particular focus on growing the Cars & Bids presence, reach, and engagement across social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Own the Cars & Bids marketing voice
- Manage and grow Cars & Bids’ social media presence and reach across platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok
- Plan and create engaging content and copy for use across marketing channels, including in video formats
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing strategies to grow the core business and improve KPIs
- Raise awareness of Cars & Bids as a market leader in automotive auctions
- Drive our paid marketing strategy, including content creation, conversion rate optimization, and targeting to maximize ROI
- Support partnerships to leverage, grow, and expand the Cars & Bids brand and audience
- Continuously review metrics and user feedback to help identify key opportunities to improve and grow Cars & Bids
The ideal Marketing Manager will have:
- Prior marketing experience working in the collector and/or enthusiast car space
- Experience creating engaging and effective social media posts across platforms and mediums
- Familiarity and comfort with photo and video recording and editing tools
- Experience with the Facebook Ads platforms and CRO principles.
- A proven track record in a marketing role, ideally at a growing startup
- A deep passion for the automotive space, particularly cars from the 1980s to present
- Experience copy-writing engaging social media posts, landing pages, and other tactical marketing items
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of comfort analyzing and synthesizing social media, ad, and marketing ROI data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for a “startup” environment within a small, fast-growing business
Through Insperity, Cars & Bids offers a comprehensive benefits package that provides the following benefits:
- Multiple PPO and HMO Medical Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision PPO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan through Pentegra
- Unlimited PTO Plan and 10 Paid Annual Holidays
- Semi-Monthly WFH Stipend
- Free food through Grubhub
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer-paid Basic Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
About Cars & Bids:
Cars & Bids is the best online auction marketplace to buy and sell modern enthusiast cars – that means pretty much anything that’s cool from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, or 2020s. Founded by automotive journalist Doug DeMuro and tech entrepreneur Blake Machado, Cars & Bids has enjoyed rapid growth since its launch in June 2020 – hosting over 10,000 auctions, selling over $200 million worth of cars, and reaching well over a million visitors every month. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at www.carsandbids.com!