Reap is a platform for Web3 projects to help manage their fiat finances. Centred around secured corporate credit card, we remove the merchant acceptance barrier for B2B expenses and enable projects to streamline their expense management processes. The platform is connected with a suite of software solutions that continue to level the playing field for Web3 projects to operate in the traditional business environments. Reap is supported by an empowering group of investors; including Global Founders Capital, Bertelsmann Asia Investments, Index Ventures, Fresco Capital and Hustle Fund. Our current operation spans Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan and continues to expand.
Web3 Researcher Reap is looking to add a Web3 Researcher into the Crypto team — someone capable of helping Reap identify, evaluate, and contribute to the opportunities within the crypto economy in the years to come. This person’s average day would be split between externally-facing responsibilities like representing Reap within the crypto community and internally-facing ones like advising internal teams on complex, high-leverage technical decisions. Ultimately, we’re trying to find a futurist: someone who can look at the ongoing explosion of innovation that’s currently taking place within crypto, and help Reap navigate and succeed in this ever changing space!
• Research blockchain protocols and understand blockchain projects to tease out market insights for our products and Reap stakeholders
• Produce institutional-quality research, in the form of reports and memos on opportunities that Reap can execute in the Web3 space
• Working closely with internal teams on questions around crypto-economic models, smart contract security, and other questions that come up around protocols and software
• Advising our internal teams on technical and product matters, either directly or as a liaison to experts within your network
• Serving as the public face of Reap in highly technical environments (e.g. developer conferences), and bringing back notes and strategic recommendations to the Reap team
• Engaging with the crypto community on social media in a productive, positive way that furthers our reputation as technical leaders in the space
• Serving as an educational resource for all internal teams.
• A minimum of 3 years experience within the Crypto or Web3 space
• Foundational knowledge of math and/or computer science, such that you can influence world-class engineering teams as a peer
• Extensive knowledge of ongoing crypto projects, and a deep network of high-value relationships within the community
• Philosophical interest in the capacity of crypto to improve the world
• Exceptional team player
• Extreme open-mindedness
• Clear and concise communication, in both 1:1 and public settings
• Affable style for community engagement
• Empathy toward the concerns of others, both within and outside Reap
• Adaptability in rapidly changing circumstances
• Highly curious; fast learner