Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 109 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day.
To support our customers, we provide our team members with tools to innovate, build, test and deliver exceptional products. Spinnaker, our continuous delivery and infrastructure management platform, was developed to execute the complex workflows that keep Netflix up and running for our viewers. This open-source project, maintained by the Delivery Engineering team, grows daily. From new automation technologies, to thoughtful safeguards, we’re building products that drive some of the most exciting trends in the cloud.
Delivery Experience, the front-end design and development group within Delivery Engineering, is looking for experienced, curious, and enthusiastic team members to support our users.
This may be your dream job if you:
- Enjoy working with a design-focused team. We value simplicity and clarity in design.
- Have a strong background in front-end and full-stack development environments.
- Have experience leading multiple successful initiatives for complex applications.
- Love to learn new technologies quickly and to pivot as our team evolves our projects.
- Want to build solutions that make the jobs of hundreds of engineers better; from a button click to an elaborate configuration.
- Are passionate about interactions that lead to efficient, impactful experiences.
- Pride yourself in building reusable assets that both Netflix and the community can leverage.
- Love to work with open source technologies.
- Are self-led but highly aligned with your teammates; we develop fast, and align daily.
- Desire to be constantly learning new things and can make impactful decisions about new technology.
Hopefully you’re comfortable with these:
- HTML5 and CSS.
- Cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine.
- Git for source control.
- The right technologies for the problem at hand. We're flexible and open to change.
And you may even know these:
- Java and JVM-based languages.
- D3.js for our custom data visualization needs.
- Sketch or other visual design/prototyping applications for communicating between engineers and designers.
We need you to bring strong development expertise and an appreciation for delivering impactful experiences to help us build meaningful solutions. You will need an excellent ability to communicate across our team and the organization. Your experience can come from a variety of places including work experience, formal or informal education. You will have ample opportunities to grow professionally, to contribute both inside and outside of Netflix, and to enable Netflix to bring moments of joy around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.