There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Joining our Social Media team means being part of an exciting journey as we continue to build a strong and influential online community. Your fresh ideas are welcome. You'll have the freedom to experiment with creative ideas and explore new trends to captivate our audience and drive engagement through video content. We're seeking a maker - someone who can concept, create, and execute - social-first video content. With our rapidly expanding customer base, you'll have ample opportunities to make a significant impact and leave your mark. This role offers the perfect blend of creativity and strategy, allowing you to drive measurable results.
You'll have the chance to collaborate with a talented team of cross functional partners who share your passion for creating meaningful connections with our audience. With the support of our leadership team, you'll have the autonomy to take ownership of your projects and make data-driven decisions to optimize performance. We're committed to fostering a culture of continuous learning and development. As part of our commitment to innovation, you'll have the opportunity to spearhead initiatives such as our organic YouTube production strategy and the TikTok Shop influencer affiliate program. This program will allow you to collaborate with influencers and content creators to promote our products and drive conversions. You'll play a key role in identifying and executing on trends and nurturing relationships with influencers who align with our brand values and resonate with our target audience.
Your efforts will directly contribute to increasing brand visibility, driving engagement, and ultimately, building customer loyalty and advocacy. We're excited to empower you to push the boundaries of social media marketing and explore innovative ways to drive organic growth and virality. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment where your ideas and insights are valued, and your contributions are recognized.
- Create and curate weekly engaging short form and longform social-first video content that aligns with our brand identity across kids and adults
- Stay updated on channel-specific trends, features, and algorithm changes to optimize content performance.
- Develop and implement a community management strategy to foster interaction and engagement.
- Support our TikTok Shop with creative live broadcasts and affiliate program management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with overall marketing and branding strategies.
- Monitor and analyze YouTube, Instagram and TikTok analytics to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
This role will report to the Director of Social and Community. This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Immerse yourself in all things Hatch - mission, products, brand & social strategy
- Establish a relationship with both internal stakeholders and our external social agency
- Familiarize yourself with the Hatch social voice in order to properly respond to comments on our posts on Instagram and TikTok as well as identify relevant community management opportunities
- Get onboarded to our TikTok Shop and start to support by concepting and executing live broadcasts, evergreen content and affiliate program management
Within 6 Months:
- Develop and implement an ongoing video content calendar plan that includes how we execute in support of trends and in-app content across YouTube, TikTok, and Reels
- Measure the success of your TikTok Shop strategy based on established metrics - conversions, affiliates, etc.
- Increase video output across YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram by 20% through strategic content and community engagement.
- Initiate partnerships with influencers or creators via TikTok Shop to amplify brand awareness.
After 1 Year:
- You are managing our original, ownable video content output that has garnered thousands of shares, likes, and views.
- You have established a successful TikTok Shop strategy that has significantly contributed to company goals.
- Your contribution to the Hatch social has increased brand awareness and a 50% increase in TikTok followers compared to the start.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in social media management, preferably in an entertainment, consumer goods or lifestyle brand.
- Ability to concept, shoot and produce a robust amount of social-first video content for Reels, TikTok, and YouTube
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful social media strategies that drive engagement, growth, and conversions. TikTok Shop experience a plus!
- Strong understanding of social media platforms - YouTube, TikTok, Instagram (Twitch, Discord, and Snap - a plus), algorithms, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive content.
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling and visual aesthetics.
- Proficiency in social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.